SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA- The Cal Poly Center for Innovation for Entrepreneurship (CIE) Small Business Development Center (SBDC) announced the twelve semi-finalists to compete in the 2022 Angel Conference: AcreCloud, ARTIFEX, Eden Concept Fill, MeadowLark Software, Milo Sensors, NEXT Life Sciences, Novocuff, Pacific AgriTech, Quantum EC, Shoonya Digital, TractorCloud, TRIC Robotics. The hybrid conference will take place at SLO Brew Rock and stream on YouTube Live, April 21st. Companies will have an opportunity to compete for $100,000+ in equity-backed funding.
- AcreCloud farm-management platform offers growers and contractors customized control over their operations, extensive auditing capabilities, and access to new products.
- ARTIFEX is building a custom measuring tool that converts distance measurements taken on-site by construction professionals into CAD-ready floor plans
- Eden Concept Fill developed a next generation of fully sustainable cushion product to replace the current synthetic polyfoam.
- MeadowLark Software created a first-of-its-kind program that securely and easily organizes all your digital assets for now, future and later.
- Milo Sensors created ION Wearable, the first discrete continuous alcohol monitor, providing continuous support and accountability.
- NEXT Life Sciences develops and distributes medical technology that empowers people to choose when and if to have a child.
- Novocuff is designing a minimally invasive, non-surgical device that will help prevent preterm birth.
- Pacific AgreTech removes CO2 from combustion flue gas and creates a profit stream from the sale of carbon credits/allowances and algae.
- Quantam EC offers the world’s first SaaS energy impact analytics platform combining exponentially more efficient grid simulations with recent advances in life cycle impact assessment.
- Shoonya Digital created an award-winning and kid-safe platform for children under the age of ten to learn multiple languages and world cultures through fun, interactive, bite-sized, gamified learning.
- Tractor Cloud is an end-to-end heavy machinery diagnostic, management, and predictive maintenance cloud platform.
- TRIC Robotics provides farmers with an alternative for pesticides that is equally effective and chemical-free.
This annual event is propelled by a dedicated group of angel investors interested in investing in early-stage startups in exchange for ownership equity or convertible debt. Central California’s top six startup finalists will compete in the fifth annual AngelCon pitch competition on April 21st at SLO Brew Rock and stream on YouTube Live. The winner will receive $100,000+ in angel investments to grow their business.
“We are thrilled to have the fifth Annual AngelCon back in person (COVID-19 Permitting). This year’s top competing startups span a diverse range of industries with a significant number in AgTech and MedTech. Through AngelCon, we are excited to be supporting the next generation of companies that will be growing in our region, helping build a more diverse local economy focused on tech.”
AngelCon 2022 is presented by Pacific Premier Bank. Attendees can purchase tickets at angelcon2022.eventbrite.com. Virtual and in person tickets are available to the community, registration is required. Virtual tickets are complimentary, Live Event tickets are available for $75 and will include networking and dinner. Visit the event’s website sbdc.calpoly.edu for more information.