SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA- The Cal Poly Center for Innovation for Entrepreneurship (CIE) Small Business Development Center (SBDC) announced the twelve tech startup semi-finalists to compete in the 2023 Angel Conference: AMS Pharma, ARTIFEX, DEMO, EDEN Concept Fill, MyMetaFi, Neocharge, PureSite, Quantum Energy, Ryde, Zoetic Motion, Vetama and VLab Education. The hybrid conference will take place at SLO Brew Rock and stream on YouTube Live, June 1st. Companies will have an opportunity to compete for $100,000+ in equity-backed funding.
- AMS Pharma: a novel medical treatment for autism
- Artifex Technologies: a web-based data processing tool for construction professionals who need quick synthesis of their 3D data
- DEMO Studios: allows creators to make money by selling collaboration rights to their content
- Eden Concept Fill: has developed Cellyfill, a new, fully sustainable replacement to synthetic oil-based cushioning known as Polyfoam
- MyMetaFi: Collect, Use, and Trade The Most Valuable NFTs Without Having To Pay Full Price. MyMetaFi enables users to pool money together with others to buy valuable NFTs
- Neocharge: a sustainably-driven company dedicated to optimizing home energy usage to reduce cost, carbon emissions, and support the reliability of the electrical grid
- PureSite: designs, manufactures, and installs advanced air purification systems that clean and disinfect the air in commercial applications, such as agriculture cold storage, airport terminals, and entertainment venues
- Quantum Energy: The TotalView Energy Platform and API is a comprehensive AI-driven software tool for clean energy decision-makers
- Ryde: offers a peer-to-peer travel marketplace that connects student drivers with student riders for long-distance travel
- Vetama: a mobile veterinary company
- VLab Education: helping students find a passion for STEM by developing VR science experiments for students, giving them a method of experiencing what it is like to be a scientist, regardless of their access to traditional lab resources
- Zoetic Motion: an innovative physical therapy platform that combines computer vision technology with gamification to provide patients with an engaging and effective recovery experience
This annual event is propelled by a dedicated group of angel investors interested in investing in early-stage startups in exchange for ownership equity or convertible debt. Central California’s top six startup finalists will compete in the sixth annual AngelCon pitch competition on Thursday, June 1st at SLO Brew Rock and stream on YouTube Live. The winner will receive $100,000+ in angel investments to grow their business.
“We are thrilled with the quality of the startups in the lineup for this year’s sixth Annual AngelCon. The top competing startups span a diverse range of industries, this year we are seeing a significant number in ClimateTech, which seems to be a new trend for us. Through AngelCon, we are excited to be supporting the next generation of companies that will be growing in our region, helping build a more diverse local economy focused on tech.” – Judy Mahan, Director of the Cal Poly CIE Small Business Development Center
AngelCon 2023 is presented by Pacific Premier Bank. Attendees can purchase tickets at angelcon2023.eventbrite.com. Virtual and in person tickets are available to the community, registration is required. Virtual tickets are complimentary, Early Bird- Live Event tickets are available for $50 until May 1st and will include networking and dinner.
Comments are closed.