SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA- The Cal Poly Center for Innovation for Entrepreneurship (CIE) Small Business Development Center (SBDC) announced the top six startup finalists to compete in the 2023 Angel Conference: DEMO Studios, MyMetaFi, Quantum Energy, Ryde, VLab Education, and Zoetic Motion. These companies will have an opportunity to compete for $100,000+ in equity-backed funding on June 1st, 5:00-7:30 PM. The hybrid event will take place at SLO Brew Rock and stream on YouTube Live.
- DEMO Studios: Allows creators to make money by selling collaboration rights to their content
- MyMetaFi: Collect, Use, and Trade The Most Valuable NFTs Without Having To Pay Full Price. MyMetaFi enables users to pool money together with others to buy valuable NFTs.
- Quantum Energy: The TotalView Energy Platform and API is a comprehensive AI-driven software tool for clean energy decision-makers
- Ryde: offers a peer-to-peer travel marketplace that connects student drivers with student riders for long-distance travel
- VLab Education: helping students find a passion for STEM by developing VR science experiments for students, giving them a method of experiencing what it is like to be a scientist, regardless of their access to traditional lab resources
- Zoetic Motion: an innovative physical therapy platform that combines computer vision technology with gamification to provide patients with an engaging and effective recovery experience
AngelCon 2023 is presented by Pacific Premier Bank. The winner will receive $100,000+ in angel funding to grow their business. Attendees can purchase tickets at angelcon2023.eventbrite.com. Virtual and in person tickets are available to the community, registration is required. Virtual tickets are complimentary, In-person tickets are available for $75 and will include networking and dinner.